4Element is back with their second opus. After changes in musicians and several years of churning the melodies and rhythms to get to the Holy Grail of sounds, 4Element presents 'Duplicity' with artwork that expresses the music within.
'Duplicity' is the perfect name for this album. As the songs stream through the ears and tantalize the mind, the listener can feel the angst and struggle of the band. As the heavy symphonic riffs and beats hit the street, the slow melodic lines make the listener strain for more. The machines are slowly appearing. Prog, electronics, metal, pop are all intertwined to reveal the band's intent.
The name also represents the two different groups of people who created this music over the years, with different visions, different passions. Maybe it also shows the dual side of some of us? The band gets more political, more aggressive, more melancholy and serious.
Included is a live version of their anthem concert song ‘Mid-century sky jump’ as well as an electronic remix of 'All Around Is Loud'.
If you are in a strange place and you're not sure of your state of mind, pick up Duplicity. You will feel right at home! And it may give you answers to many of your questions...
released June 1, 2005
- Alban Theys: drums & percussion (3,4,5,8), drum machine (2,3,5,8)
- Cedric Theys: bass (1,2,4,8), Stick (3,5,6), vocals (1,4,6)
- Esteban Tucci: drums (1,2,6)
- Tom Hoole: lyricist, live percussion & electronics
- Xavier Chasseuil: all electric & acoustic guitars, vocals (2,6)
- All songs composed by 4ELEMENT
- Recorded & mixed by Cedric Theys
- Mastered by Mark Trewella at Full Circle Mastering (www.fullcirclemastering.com
- Cover by Tom Hoole & layout by Alban Theys